Even though I don't have a crazed sweet tooth, alarming to know for many, I do like baked goods. Bread, pastries, scones, the list can go on. The smell of freshly baked bread is like a warm hug. It's one of those comforting smells you connect with which trigger good feelings. 

Kakes by Karimi recently sent me their Danish pastries for tasting, which are due to launch soon. Let's just say that I never thought I would have that closed eyes, Mmmmm moment, when I bit into these, but I did!

Delectable Danish pastries by Kakes by Karimi, danish, danish pastry, desserts, baked goods, food blog, food review, top food blog, top food blog of Pakistan, food blogger, food tasting, delicious food, pakistani food blog, pakistani food blogger

Kakes by Karimi is a family run home bakery led by the mastermind Tahir Karimi. I am already a fan of their almond croissant but I think these pastries have been added to my list.

Danish pastry is sweet, multi-layered and from the viennoiserie tradition like croissants. As the name suggests, the pastries are famous in Denmark but did you know they actually originate in Austria. This is why it's called Wienerbrød or Viennese bread. The pastry is made with the laminated yeast-leavened dough, folded 27 times over! Just imagine the airy, fluffy-ness you will experience after just finesse. It is considered a culinary feat and you get to try some freshly baked ones from Karimi soon.

Delectable Danish pastries by Kakes by Karimi, danish, danish pastry, desserts, baked goods, food blog, food review, top food blog, top food blog of Pakistan, food blogger, food tasting, delicious food, pakistani food blog, pakistani food blogger

Kakes by Karimi is introducing Danish pastries in delectable flavours; blueberry, lemon, strawberry and chocolate. The pastries are excellent and I don't get excited about sweet stuff easily. Good taste and the quality is excellent. Buttery, flavorful, and soft while having that flaky, thin, just the right amount of crispy outside dusted with some icing sugar. 

I definitely loved lemon Danish the most because it had just the right amount of sweet to tart ratio and the buttery pastry complimented it so well, perfecto. Blueberry and strawberry just blew my mind. I do NOT like jam so was very reluctant when I was trying these two. The jam topping was not overwhelming in terms of sweetness or quantity and there was a very nice fresh kick to it too. The jam was very light in flavour and I simply loved it. The last flavour I tried was chocolate. I know most people love anything chocolate but this one was just fine for me. However, keep in mind that the only thing that I enjoy in chocolate is Hershey's Symphony chocolate bar and Toblerone. 

What I may not like, you may love. Do try these on your own and decide which one you prefer! You can check Kakes by Karimi on the links below. Hope you enjoy your weekend like I did, stuffing myself with these Danish. I am still salivating while I end my blog, yum!