A week ago (or so) I mentioned Foodpanda Summer Food Festival and how I plan to do a follow-up blog after ordering different things during that week. Well, it's time folks, I am going to share my experience, on the food I ordered as well the reason why I will always order through Foodpanda.

Foodpanda Pakistan, Foodpanda, Online food, Order food online in Pakistan, Desi Food, Food Blog, Top Food Blog of Pakistan, Food Blogger, Chicken Tikka, Lahmucan, Rotisserie, Wingitt, Chicken Wings, wasabi Sauce, Beyte Kebabs, White Biryani, Braidway pizza, Pizza, Chapli Kebabs, Aalo Qeema, Solen Istanbul, red alice rao, redalicerao

I order frequently from Foodpanda.pk, once a week is very normal for a gastronome like me. The best part about ordering from Foodpanda is not just the numerous food choices but also the ease of placing an order, be it through the website or the app. I prefer the app because I just select what I want and order with a click, voila! No more messy phone calls and waiting while being tortured with recordings of cheesy promotional material on repeat mode. Life is so much better now.

For 7 consecutive days, I ordered Foodpanda.pk to see if they make any kind of error. I ordered from various different food joints and this is what I observed:
  • Easy to order. The app is a miracle, seriously and lists down food spots according to your location
  • Food actually reaches earlier than when you order directly from the food joint
  • Great communication in terms of follow-up, progress or order. They never failed to keep me notified till I actually received my order
  • If a vendor makes a mistake by forgetting an item or not getting what I ordered it is easier to fix through Foodpanda because the customer service is efficient. Trust me, not every vendor is easy to deal with but with Foodpanda you are not the one dealing with them, they are. They resolve the issues for you, how grand
  • Great food deals exclusively available only on Foodpanda,pk which elevates the food experience

MINI FOOD REVIEW aka What I ate for 7 days:


Foodpanda Pakistan, Foodpanda, Online food, Order food online in Pakistan, Desi Food, Food Blog, Top Food Blog of Pakistan, Food Blogger, Chicken Tikka, Lahmucan, Rotisserie, Wingitt, Chicken Wings, wasabi Sauce, Beyte Kebabs, White Biryani, Braidway pizza, Pizza, Chapli Kebabs, Aalo Qeema, Solen Istanbul, red alice rao, redalicerao

Day 1: White Biryani

My mom was craving some. Truth be told she still doesn't accept it as a biryani but enjoys the flavoursome rice dish as a pulao, of sorts.

What I always fancied about White Biryani is that it always arrives fresh and hot. Ordered it many times and they never failed to impress, so far. The grease is non-existent, the rice is fluffy and the spices are balanced with a mild peppery after taste.

Their chicken is usually cooked but not as moist as it ideally should be, but the soft rice texture helps cover-up, leading to a satisfied appetite.

3 White Biryanis + 2 shami kebabs + 2 raitas + 2 salad + 2 small drinks = PKR.599*


Foodpanda Pakistan, Foodpanda, Online food, Order food online in Pakistan, Desi Food, Food Blog, Top Food Blog of Pakistan, Food Blogger, Chicken Tikka, Lahmucan, Rotisserie, Wingitt, Chicken Wings, wasabi Sauce, Beyte Kebabs, White Biryani, Braidway pizza, Pizza, Chapli Kebabs, Aalo Qeema, Solen Istanbul, red alice rao, redalicerao

Day 2: Broadway Pizza

So as my mother got to choose on day 1 it was my father's turn and he opted for pizza. I ordered a very wholesome, hand-tossed, chicken fajita pizza. Portion size per slice is fit for a king, I was only able to eat half. Unless you have a big appetite you are good with just a slice.

The bread was greasy, I prefer tasting less oil and more cheese and meat. The pizza toppings were not scarce and every bite was a mouthful which I relished.

2 slices + 2pcs Light sides (fancy name for garlic bread) + 2 small drinks + 2 sauces = PKR.799*


Foodpanda Pakistan, Foodpanda, Online food, Order food online in Pakistan, Desi Food, Food Blog, Top Food Blog of Pakistan, Food Blogger, Chicken Tikka, Lahmucan, Rotisserie, Wingitt, Chicken Wings, wasabi Sauce, Beyte Kebabs, White Biryani, Braidway pizza, Pizza, Chapli Kebabs, Aalo Qeema, Solen Istanbul, red alice rao, redalicerao

Day 3: Solen Istanbul

I was in the mood for some Turkish Pide but then finally opted for Lahmajun ( Thin naan bread with mince filling) and Beyti Kebabs from Solen Istanbul. The first thing I noticed was the portion, it was more than I expected but that was good news for the rest of the family who never shies away from trying the food.

The food got a little soggy by the time it reached my place. Despite that it was fresh, lahmajun being soft and warm. Beyti kebabs (I expected just kebabs FYI) were similar to the chicken rolls you get here in Karachi. I surprisingly liked the lightly spiced rice which was a side serving for this dish. It had mild spices with a little acetous aftertaste and paired well with the kebab rolls aka beyti kebabs

Lahmajun + Beyti Kebab Chicken Deal with 1 drink = PKR.950*


Foodpanda Pakistan, Foodpanda, Online food, Order food online in Pakistan, Desi Food, Food Blog, Top Food Blog of Pakistan, Food Blogger, Chicken Tikka, Lahmucan, Rotisserie, Wingitt, Chicken Wings, wasabi Sauce, Beyte Kebabs, White Biryani, Braidway pizza, Pizza, Chapli Kebabs, Aalo Qeema, Solen Istanbul, red alice rao, redalicerao

Day 4: Rotisserie

After feeling guilty for eating more carbs than allowed I opted for Flame Grilled Chicken from Rotisserie with sidelines of corn and green beans. I went for the mild flavour served with garlic sauce, row sauce, tabouleh, pickle & pita.

This place is one of my favourites for grilled chicken, perhaps the only one who does it right. Many consider cooking chicken easy but we truly don't understand how important it is to make a beautifully moist yet tender chicken, cooked to the bone without any element of pink apparent. All that, while retaining flavour, is a well-cooked chicken. Should I say more?

Quarter Chicken Leg + Green Beans + Skippers Corn = PKR.715*

Foodpanda Pakistan, Foodpanda, Online food, Order food online in Pakistan, Desi Food, Food Blog, Top Food Blog of Pakistan, Food Blogger, Chicken Tikka, Lahmucan, Rotisserie, Wingitt, Chicken Wings, wasabi Sauce, Beyte Kebabs, White Biryani, Braidway pizza, Pizza, Chapli Kebabs, Aalo Qeema, Solen Istanbul, red alice rao, redalicerao

Day 5: Chapli Kebab House

This was a surprise for me. Who knew that they served more than just chapli kebabs? Not me! I randomly ordered this and was amazed at the taste explosion though I am not too sure about the unnecessary quantity of oil, the only bothersome deal.

The Chapli kebabs were moist with the right about of flavour mix, that subtle sweet and sour after taste was also not overwhelming. The Channa daal was thoroughly cooked with tomato and green chilli flavours not crossing each other out. The Allo qeema was extra greasy. The oil subdued the actual flavours so much that I was unable to really understand it.

The value for money was good considering the generous amount of food you will get.

Deal 1 (2 Chapli, Channa Daal, Allo Qeema, 6 chapatti) + Afghani Pulao = PKR.890*

Foodpanda Pakistan, Foodpanda, Online food, Order food online in Pakistan, Desi Food, Food Blog, Top Food Blog of Pakistan, Food Blogger, Chicken Tikka, Lahmucan, Rotisserie, Wingitt, Chicken Wings, wasabi Sauce, Beyte Kebabs, White Biryani, Braidway pizza, Pizza, Chapli Kebabs, Aalo Qeema, Solen Istanbul, red alice rao, redalicerao

Day 6: Wingitt

I like Wingitt not just because of the variations of sauces they have but also because they have one of the juiciest wings that are actually bigger in size than any other you will get in Karachi. You get more than a mouthful, eventually ending with a full tummy when you are done with your plate.

I ordered the original Buffalo Sauce along with Wasabi Sauce. I had already tried Wingitt Buffalo wings many times in the past and the tangy, hot sauce with the juicy chicken never lets me down. I ordered wasabi wings for the first time and didn't find the fiery kick that wasabi is known for. They definitely need to add more punch to it.

16pc (2 flavors) = PKR.749*


Foodpanda Pakistan, Foodpanda, Online food, Order food online in Pakistan, Desi Food, Food Blog, Top Food Blog of Pakistan, Food Blogger, Chicken Tikka, Lahmucan, Rotisserie, Wingitt, Chicken Wings, wasabi Sauce, Beyte Kebabs, White Biryani, Braidway pizza, Pizza, Chapli Kebabs, Aalo Qeema, Solen Istanbul, red alice rao, redalicerao

Day 7: Jan Jees Broast and BBQ
On the 7th day, I was pretty much resting in bed with just occasional Joshanda or soup because the summer flu had taken over. My parents were very much hungry for some BBQ so I tried Jaan Jees BBQ instead of their usual broast. I didn't taste anything but the feedback was not impressive. 

As per my parents, the masala (spice mix) was bland and the meat overall was too dry and hard to chew. They also didn't have any option of naan or chapatti which is a point to be noted.

2 Chicken Tikkas + 1 serving Chicken Kebab + 1 serving Seekh Kebab + 1 serving Beef Boti + 1 serving Chicken Boti = PKR.750*

If you are already excited you can download the foodpanda app or go to their WEBSITE and start ordering!

*Subject to change after adding Delivery as per your location as well as Tax.