Other than getting facials I have been trying out new skin products as I am always on the lookout for skincare products to test and share with you. I have definitely gotten more into skincare though I still am a crazy makeup lover. Will be testing out a lot more Skincare products in the future as well. Currently I have been using the SkinMedica  products in my PM (night) routine which for me is more thorough then the AM (morning Routine) which I prefer to be as basic as possible.



SkinMedica produces clinically proven and scientifically formulated high quality skin care product. Their scientifically proven recovery compounds include essential ingredients ranging from vitamins C and E to retinol to TNS® which is their patented blend of growth factors, soluble collagen, antioxidants and matrix proteins. The impact is clear beautiful skin.

I was sent these products to test out by the company so I took my time, two months to be exact. First let me tell you that I have combination to oily skin that tends to get a pimple (sometimes two) during periods. I am very particular about my skin so I do Cleanse, Tone and Moisturize (CTM) regularly as we should. This basically takes it a little further, let's stay it has additional steps with additional benefits because it cleanses, corrects, moisturizes, hydrates, protects and brightens. So this is the order of how I use the Products:


AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

As per brand this product is suppose to repair skin texture, get rid of dry skin which result in radiant skin. I agree that it is definitely rejuvenating, gentle, removes dry and dead skin. Later my skin feels smoother. Appearance of my skin has gotten better. What I like the most is that even though it has a gritty texture, as it is a scrub - like cream cleanser, it is still gentle on my skin which makes it fine for everyday use.

It works well with most skin types but do note that extra sensitive skin should be careful as it contains AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) which increases your skin sensitivity to the sun. That is also the reason why I prefer using this at night. However, don't get me wrong. It is good to use skincare products with AHA because it actually heals your skin that's been damaged by sun as well as prevents/reduces fine lines and wrinkles. It also brightens your skin. So far it has not given me any rash or irritation and I am very satisfied with it. Definitely recommend this to women above 30 as its a great anti aging cleansers to use among-st other things.

HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator

The best thing about this hydrator serum is that it is so gentle on your skin you wont feel anything. The main benefits are of HA (hyaluronic acid) which binds moisture in to your skin therefore resulting in plump, fresh, hydrated skin. Our skin looses moisture as we grow older so products with HA, specially moisturizers and serums, should become an essential part of your skin care routine.

Ideal for Combination to dry skin though oily skin will benefits too in small dose. I am satisfied with the results and this uplifts my dull skin. Other than hyaluronic acid it also contains
Peptide Complex that rejuvenates skin and reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles as well as
Vitamin E which protects skin from damaging free radicals and signs of premature aging.

AGE DEFENSE RETINOL COMPLEX 0.5

Retinol is advised to be used during nigh time as it increases skin sensitivity in the sun. Retinol is actually a fancy name for vitamin A derivatives which boost collagen production (reducing wrinkles and preventing fine lines), speeds up your cell turnover (gets rid of discoloration while brightening skin tone) and unclogs as well as minimizes pore while reducing acne.

I use a very small amount on problem areas. A great add on to your skin routine however not recommended for those under 30 just yet even though dermatologists do recommend that the earlier you start protecting skin against skin damage and aging the better.

TNS Eye Repair

Perhaps one of the first eye creams that has shown any results. My stubborn under eyes have not been completely eradicated but the improvement is immense enough for people to actually notice. Very hydrating, nourishing the cream is light weight and feels cool on your skin. The Cream also contains Hyaluronic acid which means that is replenishes and freshens up your skin, plumps it up for a more youthful appearance. TNS and peptides help brighten which gives an awaken look, great for me. It also contains great anti oxidants and vitamins like Vitamin A, E and C. Truly satisfied so far, let's hope it keeps me happy for good!
 

Dermal Repair Cream

I literally take a pea size and apply to my face. This is a potent cream which I apply in the end of my PM routine. Sometimes I follow with rosehip oil (as part of intensive skincare routine) but mostly I just stop with this product. This cream tightens and firm along with providing intense hydration to your skin. If you are confused about which SkinMedica cream to get then this is it as it's potent and provides several benefits in one.

The cream is packed with vitamins C and E, while retinol, hyaluronic acid and omega-3 fatty acids work in synergy to reverse the signs of time. A definite must have for anti aging.

AVAILABILITY

I was sent these TEST size products in a pouch so no price is available for these but you can get in touch with either Amethyst by Roohi Spa (Karachi) or the official Pakistan SkinMedica Facebook page HERE. Do note that these are high quality, scientifically proven formulas which never comes cheap. However when it comes to skin care investing in products that show results is better than cheap knock offs that can damage your skin further. Always invest in your skincare.