Omayr Waqar may not be one of the TOP Hair and Makeup Stylist in Pakistan . . . YET, but this young lad has shown great promise and growth in just two short years since he started. His talents speak through his work as well as through people he works with. I had a brief chit chat with Omayr and want to share that with you because I considered him worthy of being featured and knowing about.
P.S: he gives killer hair cuts <3















1. When did you realize you want to become a makeup artists?
I have always had an interest in Fashion and Beauty since I was a child. I hardly watched cartoons, I used to watch ftv. Since then I wanted to be in the fashion industry. When I grew up I realized how much I loved hair and makeup and that's when I decided to go for it.

2. Where do you get your inspiration from?
I get my inspiration from the people themselves. Everyone has a unique beauty that inspires me and probably that is why my makeup is mostly very natural and I prefer to enhance features. Not change them. 






3. How long have you been a Makeup Artists and how did you get a start in the industry?
I have been into the makeup and hair business since 2 years but I have been working properly since one year. Before that I worked as a freelancer with Citrus Talent Management and they really helped me make contacts, network with people and gain experience in the media.

4. What do you love most about Makeup?
I get to discover not just outer, but inner beauty in people I work on.

5. What are some of your favorite Makeup Products? Why?
I love using MAC. Their prolong wear liquid foundation is to die for because when I'm shooting outdoors in the heat, it stays on all day so I don't have to touch up after every outfit and of course mac lipsticks, can't get over them. Specially the new candy Yum yum. And I love the bobbibrown eye shadows, midnight blue is gorgeous.

6. How do you fake a fuller brow? Pencils can look so obvious.
Well I don't work on brows much. The messier the better. This is what the international trend is as well at the moment. They don't even make their brows anymore.

7. What do you think of the recent Contour & Highlighting craze after Kim Kardashian?
Well contour and highlighting has been there since ever and everyone used to contour and highlight. Kim had just made it very obvious that it exists.

8. If you were not a Makeup/Hair Stylist What would have you chosen as a Profession?
I would train models and choreograph shows. Teach them how to walk the runway and how to pose for the camera.

9. How would you describe your Signature Look and what is it about your style that sets you apart from other makeup artists?
I Love enhancing the Natural Beauty so basic nude or natural makeup is my signature and that is what my work is mostly known for. What sets me apart from others is that I have my own style and people know it's my work when they see it. I like to stay basic with the makeup and play with the hair. 




10. Who have you worked for and who would you like to work for in the future?
I have worked with all the top Pakistani brands. Brands that I never imagined I'd be working with. Few examples are, Khaadi, GulAhmed, Nishat, Adnan Pardesy, Asim Jofa, Deepak Perwani, Nida Azwer, Sania Maskatiya and a lot more.

I would definitely love to work for international brands.

12. Any makeup tips you'd like to share with us?
If you are doing your own makeup for any occasion, please use less and don't go overboard. Less is good. Work on your eyes if you want and blend well.

Hope you enjoyed the brief Get-to-know session of this MUA. You can also get in touch with him through his Facebook Page HERE.

xx,
Red Alice