My first Chubby stick, Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick, was given to be by my aunt this winter. It felt like I was holding a crayon and nostalgia swept over me. It filled me with the same excitement which I went through when I was holding my first pack of crayons as a kid!
Makeup is like that to me know. The thrill, the twinkle in the eye when we get a new product...delicious sigh!

Chubby Lip sticks were a fad all year round, from Clinique to Revlon and many other brands, I never got any because I mostly prefer medium to full coverage on my lips. Getting one as a gift is a different thing all together :)

The Brand Claims: NEUTROGENA® Moisture Smooth Color Sticks instantly moisturize lips, while continuously conditioning them so they are softer and smoother in just 3 days with nothing on them. Made with fruit extracts along with mango and shea butter, the balm-like formula glides on easily, providing a sheer wash of moisturizing color that lasts for hours. In addition, the twist up package allows for perfect application each time – with no sharpener needed.




The color I got is SWEET WATERMELON, a subtle frosty pink which is great to pair up with smokey eyes or just use it as a hint if color when chilling at home instead of a lip balm. I was not too crazy about the shade at first because I like more darker, richer shade. A berry shade would have made me ecstatic, like RICH RAISIN.
  • The Smooth stick is definitely conditioning and makes the lips feel soft and supple. I am using this,other than my Miami Roller girls color changing Lip balm from Essence, from keeping my lips from chapping this winter
  • The sheer to light medium coverage is not that long lasting but can satisfy for 2-3 hours
  • The price factor is quite pleasing. The Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Sticks only cost $8.49 and compared to the rest of the brands with similar products its very reasonable
  • Taste and smell is a bit greasy but you can live with it as it fades after a while
Overall good experience but I am not going to get any more if I had a choice. This is not because the product(s) is bad, I prefer Lipsticks over chubby sticks and Lip glosses :)

xoxo,
Red Alice